Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Friend Obsessed With S-E-X: Part 2


A little while ago, I posted a conversation I had with our son on the way to karate (I think there's a theme here with karate). The conversation was about a friend that was obsessed with sex. You can read that conversation here. I didn't add one of the comments he made during my first post because I was focusing on one part of the conversation. There was another point we were able to discuss during the course of the conversation. I often only post part of a conversation because I feel like there's a point I'm trying to make and part of the conversation isn't relevant to that point. Here is the other part of our conversation:

K: Bob is obsessed with sex. He says he wants to have sex with everyone.
Me: Well, what do you think?
K: I don't want to have sex with everyone. I want to wait until I find someone to marry.
Me: I think that's a great idea. Why do you want to wait and only have sex with your wife?
K: It wouldn't be special if I had sex with everybody. I want it to be special.
Me: I think that's a perfect goal. God wants us to be happy in families. Sex is a wonderful part of being a husband or wife. It helps you feel connected to each other in a way no one else will be able to connect with you.
K: Yeah. Plus, I don't want that many girls to see me naked.
Me: (Smiling) I can understand that too........

I don't ever recall having a specific conversation with him about not having sex with lots of people so it can be special. We have definitely been teaching him that sex strengthens the relationship between husband and wife. I was very happy to see that he was learning something that I would like him to know, but I didn't teach it directly to him in that way. Somewhere along the way, he must have had an "aha" moment where the spirit could teach him something more than my husband and I were teaching him. It was relevant to the discussions we've been having, but he made a connection that wasn't taught by us; it was taught by the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment